|Program type||In School|
At risk, low income
We are dedicated to proving the power of experiential learning through entrepreneurship, and igniting the potential of youth in under-resourced communities.
BUILD’s unique program offers students a four year entrepreneurship experience designed to reinforce the Common Core and develop 21st Century Skills. BUILD offers two programs: a 9th grade elective course and a 10th-12th afterschool program. Many schools have both BUILD programs, but some of our partner schools only offer the 9th grade elective course.
Industry mentors support each team of students as they create, launch and run their own business. All of the mentor sessions are facilitated by a BUILD teacher or staff member.
Year 1: Build Entrepreneurship
* Plan and launch a small business
* Discover personal strength and passions
Year 2: Build Exploration
* Grow a business or start a new one
* Explore college and career options
Year 3: Build Experience
* Participate in expanded business and/or community internship
* Experience career options and navigate college application process