|Program type||After School|
Lgr College Access Program
Let's Get Ready provides low-income high school students with free SAT preparation, admissions counseling and other support services needed to gain admission to and graduate from college. Services are provided by volunteer college students who also serve as role models and mentors.
Sign-up to receive free SAT prep and college admissions guidance from current college students! College student volunteers serve as coaches, mentors, and role models in the classroom, assisting high school students in SAT preparation courses and guidance on the college admissions process.
Programs are offered during the fall, spring and summer and are built upon close partnerships with colleges, high schools and community organizations. Each 9-week program includes:
- Two 3-hour classes per week
- Small classes based on ability level of approximately 5 students per Coach
- 30 hours of intensive SAT preparation
- 2 diagnostic SAT exams
- 15 hours of assistance with college selection, applications and financial aid/scholarships including special sessions with college admissions and financial aid officers
- College visits
- Intensive mentoring support in and out of the classroom
Programs are located throughout New York City and the Mid-Atlantic Region. Check out our website to find the site closest to you! http://letsgetready.org/GetStarted/Students/
Open to all high school students! Priority is given to students on free and reduced lunch, and first-generation college bound students.